Every floor installation starts with proper preparation. We analyze every job and determine what will give you the best longevity for your floor. To make sure that your floor lasts, we use Ditra made by Schluter for an underlayment.
Benefits of Ditra:
- Provides uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management, and heavy load distribution to ensure the durability and integrity of tile installations
- DITRA has a nominal 1/8″ (3 mm)-thickness which minimizes tile assembly thickness and reduces transitions to lower surface coverings
- DITRA-XL is 5/16” (7 mm)-thick to create an even transition between typical 5/16” (7 mm)-thick tile and 3/4” (19 mm)-thick hardwood flooring
- DITRA-XL allows for ceramic tile application over single layer plywood/OSB subfloors on joists spaced at 24” (610 mm) o.c.
- Can be installed on top of concrete, plywood, OSB, gypsum, existing vinyl floors, structural planks, sub-floors, and radiant heated floors
- Features a grid structure of square cutback cavities and an anchoring fleece laminated to the underside which is bonded to the surface of the substrate and prevents thin-set from filling the cavities